Leadership group planning February food drive
The Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development class will be conducting a food drive for organizations in Basehor, Tonganoxie and Leavenworth.
The drive will take place during the entire month of February. Donations can be dropped off in Basehor at the Basehor Public Library and First State Bank & Trust. Organizers also are planning to collect items at future Basehor-Linwood home basketball games.
In Tonganoxie, items can be dropped off at First State Bank & Trust locations, the Tonganoxie Recreation Commission, Dollar General, Tonganoxie Public Library, B&J Country Mart, the Tonganoxie Post Office and the Masonic Temple.
And in Leavenworth, donations can be made at the Leavenworth County Courthouse.
Some suggestions for donations include flour, sugar, pancake mix or syrup, and pasta or pasta sauce.
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Top Kansas GOP lawmakers to unveil school funding proposal
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- Tonganoxie High School girls team heads into sub-state with victory