Man extricated from car after accident near Linwood
A De Soto man was taken to a local hospital Saturday morning after a one-car accident on Loring Road near Linwood.
Sherman Township firefighters had to extricate Michael Stephens, 58, De Soto, from his vehicle after an accident at about 10:10 a.m. Saturday on Loring Road just east of 170th St., according to a Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office report. The vehicle had turned on its side, the report said.
Stephens was alert and talking with people at the scene when sheriff's deputies arrived soon afterward. He was transported to Kansas University Hospital by Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Services. A KU Hospital spokeswoman said Monday that there was no record of Stephens as a patient there.
More like this story
- Employer sent to prison for hiring workers illegally in U.S.
- Court revives lawsuit from ex-detective who exposed beating
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- Jewel on Main to have diva show Saturday
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties