No injuries stem from Tonganoxie apartment fire
No injuries resulted from an apartment fire, which occurred Tuesday in Tonganoxie.
The fire occurred in the southeast unit of the unnamed complex's west building, which sits at the intersection of Seventh Street and U.S. Highway 24-40. Two other units in the the building sustained minor smoke damage.
The Tonganoxie Fire Department received a call about the fire at approximately 12:30 p.m., said Fire Chief David Bennett. The city department was the first on the scene and was later assisted by the Tonganoxie, Stranger and Fairmount township fire departments.
No residents were in the unit when the fire occurred. Bennett said the fire is believed to have started near a hot water tank in an upstairs bedroom, but an exact cause has not yet been determined.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: It’s showtime for theater festivals
- Kansas CIty Connection: Fall chock-full of colorful events
- Tonganoxie Hall of Fame class recognized Friday at Myers Hotel
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Kansas City Connection: Getting pumped for postseason baseball