Christian group offering chance to meet candidates
The Christian Citizen Coalition will have a “Coffee with the Candidates” event at 9 a.m. Saturday at the former Ratliff Drug Store, Fourth and Bury streets in downtown Tonganoxie. In attendance will be state Rep. Anthony Brown, R-Eudora, who is running in the state Senate 3rd District race, and state Rep. Connie O’Brien, R-Tonganoxie, who is seeking another term in the 42nd District, as well as Dennis Bixby, a Tonganoxie City Council member and candidate for the Leavenworth County Commission’s 3rd District seat.
For more information, contact Greg Ward at 785-766-1739.
More like this story
- Kansas Senate panel to consider expanding liquor licenses
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education