Christian group offering chance to meet candidates
The Christian Citizen Coalition will have a “Coffee with the Candidates” event at 9 a.m. Saturday at the former Ratliff Drug Store, Fourth and Bury streets in downtown Tonganoxie. In attendance will be state Rep. Anthony Brown, R-Eudora, who is running in the state Senate 3rd District race, and state Rep. Connie O’Brien, R-Tonganoxie, who is seeking another term in the 42nd District, as well as Dennis Bixby, a Tonganoxie City Council member and candidate for the Leavenworth County Commission’s 3rd District seat.
For more information, contact Greg Ward at 785-766-1739.
More like this story
- Not trusting 'the feds,' Kansas House gives first approval to new constitutional convention
- Kansas state workers could be furloughed if budget delayed
- Kansas Senate panel to consider expanding liquor licenses
- Kansas Senate can't pass tax plan, despite looming threats
- Proposed amendment would end Kansas grocery sales tax