Firefighters respond to grease fire at Tonganoxie townhome
Tonganoxie City firefighters tended to a grease fire about 10:15 p.m. Sunday at a townhome on Northstar Court.
The grease fire started in the kitchen of a duplex at 875 Northstar Court. Firefighters put out the fire. There wasn’t damage to the east side of the duplex aside from smoke, firefighters said.
Water leaked into the kitchen of the west half of the duplex, 865 Northstar Court, as firefighters put out the fire. No one was injured in the fire. The Tonganoxie Township Fire Department also responded, while Stranger Township served on standby at the Tonganoxie City fire station. Tonganoxie police also responded.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie USD 464 lays out reasons for principal's termination
- Basehor-Linwood girls slip by Chieftains
- Carlisle no longer Tonganoxie High principal
- Aspiring to be a Spire: Freemyer signs with Saint Mary
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation