Reno Bobwhite 4-H report for July 2012
The regular monthly meeting of the Reno Bobwhites was called to order by President Aaron McIntyre on July 5, 2012. The American and 4-H flag salutes were led. Secretary Bonnie Monahan read the minutes of the June meeting. The minutes were approved as read. The song leaders led the Club in “America the Beautiful.”
These are the announcements of the Leaders:
• 6:30 p.m. July 9: Cat Meeting at the Wiley home
• 5:30 p.m. July 10: Geology Meeting at the McIntyre home. Bring a side dish.
• 7 p.m. July 13: Foods Levels I & II at West Haven Baptist Church. Bring your food ideas for the fair.
• July 13: Fair entries need to be at the 4-H Office.
• July 17: Robotics Meeting at the French home. Call for directions.
• 5 p.m. July 19 at 5:00: Foods Levels III & IV at the Lansing 4H Building.
• 7:30 p.m. July 19: Quail Project Meeting at the Brown 4H Building. We will plan the Fair Display.
• 9 a.m. July 20: Educational Tour. Meet at the Lawrence Welcome Center. We will tour the Bowersox Water Plant.
• 6:30 p.m. July 26: Ceramics Meeting at Sunfire Ceramics.
• July 28: Safety Day Camp. Contact the Patrick Family for more information and registration.
Some of our members received scholarships for their attendance at 4H camp. They are Afton Boone, Aiden Boone, Jacob Boone, Ahren Gann, Carrie Husband, and Alex Tucker. Also, Christy Wiley and Aaron McIntyre received scholarships for their attendance at Discovery Days.
Members and parents are needed to sign up to work in the Clover Café and County Food Stand. Members and parents are also needed for Building Watch at the Fair.
For future Reno Bobwhite meetings, members are urged to sign up as hosts and as program presenters. Election of senior officers will be next month. Fair Books can be picked up at local businesses and the Courthouse Annex.
The program was the annual Club Tour. Members told about the projects that they will be taking to the Fair and how many years they have been in the project.
A motion was made to adjourn the meeting. It was seconded. The meeting was adjourned.
— Ben Jacobs is Reno Bobwhite 4-H Club reporter.