Basehor business planning motorcycle ride for animal-rescue group
Basehor’s Wagg’n Tails Day Spa will sponsor a motorcycle ride this weekend to raise funds for Bonner Animal Rescue, a group that helps to adopt out stray pets and promote spay and neuter programs.
The event, called Harleys for Hounds (though all types of motorcycles are welcome), will begin at 9 a.m. Saturday at Wagg’n Tails, 15630 Pinehurst Dr. in Basehor. The final bikes will leave at 11 a.m. Bikers will ride through the country, on paved roads only, making a stop in Lawrence and arriving by 4 p.m. at the last stop, Kobi’s Bar and Grill at 113 Oak St. in Bonner Springs.
Registration fees are $25 per bike and $5 per rider, and the first 50 bikers to register will receive a free T-shirt.
Amber Anderton, owner of Wagg’n Tails, said she hoped to make the fundraiser an annual event.
More like this story
- Raven reviews in Tonganoxie
- Senate advances bill granting limited access to cold case missing person files
- Kansas City Connection: Bonner Springs balloon fest puts the helium in Halloween
- Tonganoxie football offense can't get going in district shutout loss
- Kansas man charged with abuse after human remains found