One-vehicle accident near Tonganoxie Water Park leads to power outage
A one-vehicle accident Wednesday near Tonganoxie Water Park led to a power outage.
The accident occurred about 1:25 p.m. Wednesday, Tonganoxie police Chief Jeff Brandau said. Tanner Milton, 16, Tonganoxie, was driving a 2006 Chevrolet Malibu south on Pleasant Street when he turned west onto Third Street and lost control of the vehicle. Brandau said it was determined the driver was going too fast to make the turn and struck a Westar Energy pole near the water park.
The water park, as well as some Fourth Street businesses, lost power, but Westar crews were working to restore power late Wednesday afternoon, Brandau said.
The driver suffered minor injuries and did not require medical attention, Brandau said.
More like this story
- Authorities investigating woman's death in northeast Kansas
- Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office investigating body found near Tonganoxie
- Kansas deputies confront nude Oregon man taking pictures
- Suspect in custody after Kansas City killing spree that left five dead
- Kansas jury recommends death for Ottawa quadruple murderer