One-vehicle accident near Tonganoxie Water Park leads to power outage
A one-vehicle accident Wednesday near Tonganoxie Water Park led to a power outage.
The accident occurred about 1:25 p.m. Wednesday, Tonganoxie police Chief Jeff Brandau said. Tanner Milton, 16, Tonganoxie, was driving a 2006 Chevrolet Malibu south on Pleasant Street when he turned west onto Third Street and lost control of the vehicle. Brandau said it was determined the driver was going too fast to make the turn and struck a Westar Energy pole near the water park.
The water park, as well as some Fourth Street businesses, lost power, but Westar crews were working to restore power late Wednesday afternoon, Brandau said.
The driver suffered minor injuries and did not require medical attention, Brandau said.
More like this story
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Man who escaped from Kansas police custody found in Missouri
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Tonganoxie City Fire Department fire calls, April 13-May 3, 2015