The Schwinns of this area attended the funeral and visitation for Leona Rose Schwinn Friday, July 20, at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Leavenworth.
Emily Cole, Ashley Laird and Madison Ewert of Springdale Friends Church attended a church camp near Bonner Springs over the weekend of July 20 along with Pastor Rob Santel. They reported a good time.
Amy Joe Moore hosted a Pampered Chef party at her new rural McLouth home Thursday, July 19. A large crowd of friends and relatives attended the party and toured her home.
Our sympathy to Marie Gillaspie for the loss of her grandmother, Norveta D. Karpierz. The service of remembrance was July 21 at Davis Funeral Chapel.
Jeff and Jenna Gillaspie had a seventh birthday party for their daughter, Isabella. Grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins came to celebrate with her.
Dave and Julie Zule had a luncheon on Sunday, July 22, for their daughter, Lauren, for her 16th birthday. Schwinn and Zule relatives were present. Grandma Linda Schwinn made a special cake.
David and Gloria Schmalsteig left July 10 and went to Canada for a trip. They arrived home on July 24 and had a very nice trip. One night, it was so cool, they had to turn on the heat in their motel.
Tom and Kathy Powell went July 19 to Lake George, Colo., and arrived home July 25. They had a nice trip on their vacation.
More like this story
- Report: More Kansas children in poverty from 2008 to 2013
- Ex-Kansas State researcher fails to get whistleblower status
- Ex-U.S. representative seeks to expand lobbying firm in Kansas
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)