On Wednesday, June 6, Peggy Gillaspie and Evelyn Schwinn enjoyed lunch and some shopping together, then visited Sharon Lynn in the late afternoon.
The Springdale Friends Church thanks all who came and supported the benefit garage sale on Saturday, June 9, for the two little boys with cancer. It was very successful.
On Sunday, June 10, the members and friends of Springdale Friends Church enjoyed a cookout after the worship service. The men cooked on the grills and the lades made side dishes. The young people played kickball in the afternoon. It was a good day of fellowship.
The dry weather has been great weather for the farmers to get the hay put up, but the little rain in the area was very welcomed for the corn and beans.
Linda Haley of Springdale fell and broke her ankle and foot on Tuesday, June 12, at her home.
Audrey and Michael Kiddy of Leavenworth have purchased the farm formerly owned by Gene and Kristi Reddy. Gene was in the military and Kristi was a flight attendant. The government was moving them to Virginia so they would be closer to their work. Years ago, this property belonged to Charles and Mary Luse, who sold it to Reddy. Charles and Mary are now living south of Winchester.
Kirk Knapp came and died some work on June 9 at the home of his parents, Wayne and Anabel Knapp.
It’s so nice to have cooler weather! A good rain would be most welcome for the crops.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie USD 464 lays out reasons for principal's termination
- Tongnoxie USD 464 board cuts teacher position, freshman athletics events
- Former Kansas superintendent and 2 others sue over firings
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- 2 Kansas school districts to close early because of budgets