On Wednesday, June 6, Peggy Gillaspie and Evelyn Schwinn enjoyed lunch and some shopping together, then visited Sharon Lynn in the late afternoon.
The Springdale Friends Church thanks all who came and supported the benefit garage sale on Saturday, June 9, for the two little boys with cancer. It was very successful.
On Sunday, June 10, the members and friends of Springdale Friends Church enjoyed a cookout after the worship service. The men cooked on the grills and the lades made side dishes. The young people played kickball in the afternoon. It was a good day of fellowship.
The dry weather has been great weather for the farmers to get the hay put up, but the little rain in the area was very welcomed for the corn and beans.
Linda Haley of Springdale fell and broke her ankle and foot on Tuesday, June 12, at her home.
Audrey and Michael Kiddy of Leavenworth have purchased the farm formerly owned by Gene and Kristi Reddy. Gene was in the military and Kristi was a flight attendant. The government was moving them to Virginia so they would be closer to their work. Years ago, this property belonged to Charles and Mary Luse, who sold it to Reddy. Charles and Mary are now living south of Winchester.
Kirk Knapp came and died some work on June 9 at the home of his parents, Wayne and Anabel Knapp.
It’s so nice to have cooler weather! A good rain would be most welcome for the crops.
More like this story
- Outgoing Tonganoxie superintendent to take administrative position in Topeka
- Former Tonganoxie superintendent resigns from same post in Lawrence, plans to take other position in that district, pending board approval
- Tonganoxie school board begins superintendent search groundwork
- Resident asks to consider educational opportunities for former Tonganoxie Elementary School
- Tonganoxie USD 464 selects Nebraska firm for superintendent search