Basehor church breaks ground on new building
Basehor United Methodist Church broke ground Sunday on a $439,000 new building.
The building will contain a fellowship hall and nursery space, and the church will use it for children’s programming, youth group meetings, dinners and other events, said the Rev. Claudia Bakely. The church aims to have the building ready by the end of the year, she said.
“We have been growing rapidly and have needed the extra space for a couple of years,” Bakely said.
More like this story
- State basketball wraps up during weekend
- McLouth baseball sweeps Nebraska team in opening doubleheader
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Rookies and veterans: Tonganoxie Chieftains sending four freshmen, two seniors to state
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food