Leavenworth County Republican Women offering chance to meet candidates
The Leavenworth County Republican Women’s Club will have a meet-and-greet featuring area election candidates in Basehor on Saturday, July 7.
The event will be from 10 to 11 a.m. July 7 at the Basehor Community Library, 1400 158th St. in Basehor. The event is designed to allow voters to get to know candidates for Republican primary elections Aug. 7, and it is open to the public.
Rep. Anthony Brown of Eudora, who is running for the 3rd District state Senate seat, and Rep. Connie O’Brien of Tonganoxie, seeking re-election from the 42nd District, are expected to attend, said Juanell Garrett, publicity chair for the group.
For more information, contact Barb Paulus at 913-526-0896.
More like this story
- Former Kansas superintendent and 2 others sue over firings
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Longtime Tonganoxie council members to square off in mayoral race
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises