No injuries reported in two-vehicle accident Tuesday on U.S. 24-40
A two-vehicle accident happened Tuesday night at a major Tonganoxie intersection.
About 6:35 p.m. Tuesday, a Travis Lee Wilson, 26, Tonganoxie, was driving a Chevrolet Suburban stopped in the left-turn lane at U.S. 24-40. Wilson was waiting to turn onto Main Street when a Ford Explorer, driven by a Christopher D. Molder, 35, Tonganoxie, rear-ended the Suburban.
An 18-month-old and a 5-month-old were passengers in the Suburban, while Jennifer A. Crookham, 28, Tonganoxie, was a passenger in the Ford Explorer, police said.
Everyone except the driver of the Explorer was wearing safety restraints, police said.
Tonganoxie police said Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Services were called to the scene, but no one was taken from the scene to treat injuries. The Tonganoxie City Fire Department also responded to the scene.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Fire Department calls for Feb. 15-21, 2015
- Tonganoxie police calls, Feb. 20-March 1, 2015
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event
- 86-year-old man dies in single-engine plane crash near Pratt
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament