Leavenworth County man, 23, accused of hitting father with handgun near Basehor
Authorities arrested a 23-year-old Leavenworth County man Wednesday morning who was accused of hitting his father in the head with a handgun, Leavenworth County Undersheriff Ron Cranor said.
The father, 48, reported the incident occurred at 5:30 a.m. Wednesday after an argument about an altercation the son was involved in earlier in Bonner Springs. The alleged battery occurred at a residence southwest of Basehor on 174th Street just south of U.S. Highway 24-40. Cranor said officers located the son and took him into custody on suspicion of aggravated battery. Prosecutors will review the case to decide on formal charges.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie USD 464 superintendent's contract extended through 2017
- Tonganoxie USD 464 hopes to fill high number of resignations
- Tonganoxie USD 464 board discusses traffic issues at new school
- Tonganoxie Elementary School honor roll, 2015-16 first and second semesters
- Audience wide awake for Tonganoxie High's 'Drowsy Chaperone'