Rural Tonganoxie home destroyed by Wednesday night fire
A rural Tonganoxie home was destroyed by fire Wednesday night.
The fire was reported about 10:15 p.m. at the home of Jarret W. Pruitt, 19722 219th St., according to Leavenworth County Sheriff’s office reports.
The blaze started in the flue and spread quickly, reports said. No one was reported injured, but the home, which is about a mile north of Tonganoxie, was a total loss.
Tonganoxie, Stranger and Fairmount township fire departments, the Tonganoxie City Fire Department, and the American Red Cross responded, reports said.
More like this story
- Milk production in Kansas more than doubled in past 20 years
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Linwood girl's passion for rodeo continues to grow
- Kansas Senate panel to consider expanding liquor licenses
- Kansas Supreme Court to consider convicted killer's appeal