Update: Work to start back up Tuesday on K-92 bridge in Leavenworth
Repairs on the Kansas Highway 92 Centennial Bridge are now set to begin on Tuesday after a weather-related delay, according to an updated Kansas Department of Transportation release. Drivers can expect traffic to be restricted starting at about 9 a.m. Tuesday.
Repair work on the Kansas Highway 92 Centennial Bridge in Leavenworth will resume Monday after shutting down for the winter.
Starting at about 9 a.m. Monday, traffic on the bridge spanning the Missouri River will be restricted to one lane total as the Kansas Department of Transportation begins repair work.
Eastbound and westbound traffic will remain open, but only one direction of traffic will move across the bridge at any one time. Temporary traffic signals on each end of the bridge will direct traffic.
The work will take place each day Monday through Friday, plus occasional Saturdays, during daylight. Repairs are scheduled to be finished in late August, according to a KDOT release.
More like this story
- Missouri River bridge in Leavenworth back to two lanes for winter
- KDOT stops work on Centennial Bridge to ease Missouri River-crossing congestion
- Update: Sunday delays expected for Centennial Bridge over Missouri River near Leavenworth
- Work on Missouri River bridge causes delays for motorists
- Roadwork on Kansas Highway 92 in Leavenworth and Jefferson counties to start Wednesday