Update: Work to start back up Tuesday on K-92 bridge in Leavenworth
Repairs on the Kansas Highway 92 Centennial Bridge are now set to begin on Tuesday after a weather-related delay, according to an updated Kansas Department of Transportation release. Drivers can expect traffic to be restricted starting at about 9 a.m. Tuesday.
Repair work on the Kansas Highway 92 Centennial Bridge in Leavenworth will resume Monday after shutting down for the winter.
Starting at about 9 a.m. Monday, traffic on the bridge spanning the Missouri River will be restricted to one lane total as the Kansas Department of Transportation begins repair work.
Eastbound and westbound traffic will remain open, but only one direction of traffic will move across the bridge at any one time. Temporary traffic signals on each end of the bridge will direct traffic.
The work will take place each day Monday through Friday, plus occasional Saturdays, during daylight. Repairs are scheduled to be finished in late August, according to a KDOT release.
More like this story
- Teeing off with Tonganoxie High golf
- Tonganoxie High golfers nab 6th place at regional event
- Masterful day for Tonganoxie High golf as Chieftains win 1st KVL title since 2012
- THS golf finishes 4th at Hayden Invitational; schedules change again for Chieftain baseball, soccer
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie Fire Department's Ryan Bennett