Fire destoys home north of Tonganoxie; no one injured
A rural Tonganoxie home was destroyed by fire last week.
The fire was reported about 10:15 p.m. Wednesday, March 7, at the home of Jarret W. Pruitt, 19722 219th St., according to Leavenworth County Sheriff’s office reports.
The blaze started in the flue and spread quickly, reports said. No one was reported injured, but the home, which is about a mile north of Tonganoxie, was a total loss.
Tonganoxie, Stranger and Fairmount township fire departments, the Tonganoxie City Fire Department, and the American Red Cross responded, reports said.
More like this story
- Kansas Turnpike Authority approves two-year bridge projects
- Three northeast Kansas school officials won't return next year
- Final meet before state for Tonganoxie High powerlifters
- Tonganoxie City Council approves Topeka firm for City Hall, police station work
- GOP senators vent frustrations at Brownback, but veto override unlikely