Fire destoys home north of Tonganoxie; no one injured
A rural Tonganoxie home was destroyed by fire last week.
The fire was reported about 10:15 p.m. Wednesday, March 7, at the home of Jarret W. Pruitt, 19722 219th St., according to Leavenworth County Sheriff’s office reports.
The blaze started in the flue and spread quickly, reports said. No one was reported injured, but the home, which is about a mile north of Tonganoxie, was a total loss.
Tonganoxie, Stranger and Fairmount township fire departments, the Tonganoxie City Fire Department, and the American Red Cross responded, reports said.
More like this story
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Woman gets 21 months in prison for hiring illegal workers
- Kansas House passes teacher collective bargaining compromise
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown