University expands health care degrees
The University of Saint Mary is continuing the expansion of its health care education offerings with the launch of a new bachelor’s degree program in Health Information Management (HIM).
The university’s HIM program is under the direction of national expert Dr. Don Kellogg. Kellogg is a past chair of the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education, and a long-time educator in the field.
The University of Saint Mary would be one of two Kansas City metro area institutions offering a bachelor’s degree in HIM. USM also offers a Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Informatics, which focuses on the creation of data collection tools.
The first classes in the new degree program will begin in the Fall 2012 semester. Learn more about the program at stmary.edu/HIM.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie girls notch upset victory against Sumner Academy
- Tonganoxie High School girls team heads into sub-state with victory
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- Tonganoxie High girls can't get past Piper in substate title game
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Patrick Budy