University expands health care degrees
The University of Saint Mary is continuing the expansion of its health care education offerings with the launch of a new bachelor’s degree program in Health Information Management (HIM).
The university’s HIM program is under the direction of national expert Dr. Don Kellogg. Kellogg is a past chair of the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education, and a long-time educator in the field.
The University of Saint Mary would be one of two Kansas City metro area institutions offering a bachelor’s degree in HIM. USM also offers a Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Informatics, which focuses on the creation of data collection tools.
The first classes in the new degree program will begin in the Fall 2012 semester. Learn more about the program at stmary.edu/HIM.
More like this story
- USM earns accreditation for nursing program
- KCKCC, Providence among those offering healthcare opportunities
- Tonganoxie woman elected to international economic council
- Local students among more than 1,300 to participate in graduation ceremonies at KSU
- Leavenworth County students earn degrees from K-State