Also from March 30
- No Easter egg drop this year as church’s focus is closer to ground
- 03:24 p.m., March 30, 2012 Updated 12:00 a.m. in print edition on A5
- At this time last year, Shawnee’s Gracepoint Church — along with about 6,000 children and parents — had its eye on the sky. However, with other efforts drawing its attention closer to the ground, the church is taking a hiatus from the helicopter Easter Egg Drop it offered the public for the past two years.
- Basehor Orscheln store putting on finishing touches; opening set for Monday
- March 30, 2012
- The lights were on, employees lined the aisles and country music rang from the speakers at Basehor’s new Orscheln Farm & Home store Friday morning, but the doors to the city’s new retail anchor were still closed.