Basehor-Linwood Virtual School enrollment open
Enrollment is now open for the 2012-13 school year at Basehor-Linwood Virtual School.
The school, established in 1998 as the first K-12 virtual school in Kansas, provides a choice to students who need an alternative to traditional schools. It’s also an option for people currently seeking a GED who would prefer an accredited high school diploma.
Its classes are taught by full-time teachers in the Basehor-Linwood school district. There is no age limit, and previously earned high school credits will transfer.
For more information, call (913) 724-1727 and speak with director Brenda DeGroot, extension 102, or assistant director Nicole Hodges-Williams, extension 106, or visit www.blvs.org.
More like this story
- Kansas schools, colleges, hospitals would feel sting of cuts
- Wichita School District to use bus drivers as custodians
- Tonganoxie USD 464 transportation department commended; current pay-to-ride fees debated
- First land bank lots from Fort Riley overbuilding to be sold
- Kansas City reaches deal to create 'Smart City' network