Update: LvCo Democrats won’t meet at Basehor VFW
Leavenworth County Democrats will not meet at the Basehor VFW Post this weekend as was reported on basehorinfo.com Monday, a post official said Tuesday.
Phil Jenkins, senior vice commander at the post, said post leaders were unaware that a formal meeting was planned, and the post does not support partisan political activities as a policy.
The Leavenworth County Democrats will meet later this week in Basehor.
The group will meet at 9:30 a.m. Saturday at the Basehor VFW Post, 2806 N. 155th St. in Basehor.
Jason Perkey, executive director of the Kansas Democratic Party, will be the speaker at the event. Admission to the meeting is free, but a hot breakfast will be available for $10.
More like this story
- Salina man hopes to transform flour mill, redevelop area
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event
- Annual St. Patrick's Parade set for March 14