Update: LvCo Democrats won’t meet at Basehor VFW
Leavenworth County Democrats will not meet at the Basehor VFW Post this weekend as was reported on basehorinfo.com Monday, a post official said Tuesday.
Phil Jenkins, senior vice commander at the post, said post leaders were unaware that a formal meeting was planned, and the post does not support partisan political activities as a policy.
The Leavenworth County Democrats will meet later this week in Basehor.
The group will meet at 9:30 a.m. Saturday at the Basehor VFW Post, 2806 N. 155th St. in Basehor.
Jason Perkey, executive director of the Kansas Democratic Party, will be the speaker at the event. Admission to the meeting is free, but a hot breakfast will be available for $10.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: A celebration of beer
- Kansas City Connection: Tour spotlights how things are growing in urban gardens, farms
- Kansas City Connection: Fourth of July fireworks, folk art at the Nelson
- Painting the town red, white and blue
- Salina man hopes to transform flour mill, redevelop area