Police looking for driver of stolen truck who led officers on chase
The Lawrence Police Department called off a pursuit of a stolen vehicle just before noon Monday.
According to Lawrence police Sgt. Trent McKinley, here’s a rundown of the chase:
• The owner of a teal 1994 Chevy Z-71 truck spotted that vehicle — stolen from a lot in Tonganoxie last night — near 23rd and Louisiana streets.
• Police responded and the truck fled, and other police vehicles joined the pursuit.
• The truck drove through west Lawrence and back to downtown, before exiting the road and driving on railroad tracks.
• Back on the road, the truck shot through the Pinckney neighborhood, before heading to an area near Second and McDonald.
• Because of safety concerns, the chase was called off.
McKinley said officers were working on several leads in the case.
A 1981 black Trans Am also was stolen last night from the same lot in Tonganoxie, McKinley said.
More like this story
- Topeka woman killed when bicycle hit by truck
- Tonganoxie police looking for information regarding case of man trying to lure middle school student into vehicle
- Truck crashes into dugout at Kansas baseball field
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career
- Midwest economy: state of Kansas report for March