Basehor VFW dinner to raise funds for second-grader’s medical costs
The Basehor VFW Post will have a dinner later this month to benefit the family of Jackson Oberndorfer, the Basehor second-grader who traveled to Boston for brain surgery earlier this year.
The dinner will be 5 to 8 p.m. Friday, May 18, at the VFW Post, 2806 N. 155th St. All-you-can-eat spaghetti, salad, garlic toast, coffee and tea will be served. The cost for the dinner will be $7 per person, and a silent auction will also take place.
Proceeds will go to the Oberndorfer family to help pay for medical costs. In January, the family took Jackson to Boston for brain surgery to correct for a rare disease called moyamoya, and he has undergone several different types of therapy while recovering.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event
- Jewel on Main to have diva show Saturday
- Kansas City Chiefs exec to give leadership lecture at KU
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County