Easton man pleads guilty to producing child pornography
A Leavenworth County man has pleaded guilty to producing child pornography, U.S. Attorney Barry Grissom said Thursday.
Douglas M. Schuler, 40, Easton, pleaded guilty to one count of producing child pornography. In his plea, he admitted the investigation began in 2010 when a high school girl reported to a school counselor in Lansing that Schuler was making unwanted sexual advances toward her.
When investigators searched Schuler’s laptop computer, they found pornographic photographs of the girl, who was a minor.
Sentencing is set for Aug. 13, 2012. The parties have agreed to recommend a sentence of 15 years without parole in federal prison. Grissom commended the Lansing Police Department, the FBI and Assistant U.S. Attorney Kim Martin for their work on the case.
More like this story
- Jewel on Main to have diva show Saturday
- Tonganoxie Community Historical Society soup and chili feed today at Methodist church
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Tonganoxie High wrestlers competing on Day 2 of state tournament