Chieftain softball to face Atchison in first round of regionals
The Tonganoxie High softball team is the No. 7 seed in its Class 4A regional bracket, released Wednesday by Kansas State High School Activities Association.
The Chieftains (6-14) will face third-seeded Atchison (14-4) in the first round. Game time is 4 p.m. Monday at the Basehor Field of Dreams complex. The squads did not meet in the regular season.
A victory would advance THS to the semifinals, where it would face the winner of No. 3 Bonner Springs (11-8) and No. 6 Bishop Ward (6-12). The Chieftains swept Bishop Ward in their season opener on March 26. They were swept by Bonner Springs in senior night action on May 3.
The regional championship game is set for 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. The winner will advance to the Class 4A state tournament, which begins May 25 in Salina.
First round games (Monday, May 14)
No. 2 Atchison vs. No. 7 Tonganoxie — 4 p.m.
No. 4 Jeff West vs. No. 5 Piper — 4 p.m.
No. 1 Basehor-Linwood vs. No. 8 Perry-Lecompton — 5:45 p.m.
No. 3. Bonner Springs vs. No. 6 Bishop Ward — 5:45 p.m.
More like this story
- Wild mustangs, symbols of the Old West, up for adoption in Tonganoxie
- Recent record falls as Tonganoxie High girls breeze past Bishop Ward
- U.S. Justice Department awards $950,000 to 2 Kansas tribes
- Kansas auctioning off hundreds of bottles of booze
- Court dismisses union's lawsuit over Kansas law on tenure