Special teams football camp to be offered in Basehor in June
Former Basehor-Linwood and Baker University punter Garrett Chumley will be returning to BLHS’ football field to lead a one-day special teams camp next month.
The Garrett Chumley Special Teams Academy will feature instruction from Chumley and two former special teams teammates from Baker.
The academy, open to incoming seventh-graders through graduating seniors, will take place at Basehor-Linwood High School from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on June 15.
Registration costs $50 before June 1 and $60 on the day of camp, and includes an academy T-shirt.
Those participating are asked to bring proper cleats, a football with a name on it, kicking tees and holders.
To register, call Garrett Chumley at 913-406-9205 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your position and T-shirt size.
Chumley will be joined by Derek Doerfler a former teammate of Chumley’s at Baker. Doerfler will serve as kicking coach during the academy. Caleb Johnson, a four-year starter at Baker, will be the long-snapping coach.
More like this story
- Jarbalo Jottings, Linwood News and McLouth Happenings
- Tonganoxie High volleyball preparing for home invite Saturday
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie High school's Mary Welsh
- Tonganoxie, McLouth teams prepare for regional, substate assignments
- Visitation today, services tomorrow for Tonganoxie postmaster; online account set up for contributions