Special teams football camp to be offered in Basehor in June
Former Basehor-Linwood and Baker University punter Garrett Chumley will be returning to BLHS’ football field to lead a one-day special teams camp next month.
The Garrett Chumley Special Teams Academy will feature instruction from Chumley and two former special teams teammates from Baker.
The academy, open to incoming seventh-graders through graduating seniors, will take place at Basehor-Linwood High School from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on June 15.
Registration costs $50 before June 1 and $60 on the day of camp, and includes an academy T-shirt.
Those participating are asked to bring proper cleats, a football with a name on it, kicking tees and holders.
To register, call Garrett Chumley at 913-406-9205 or email him at email@example.com and include your position and T-shirt size.
Chumley will be joined by Derek Doerfler a former teammate of Chumley’s at Baker. Doerfler will serve as kicking coach during the academy. Caleb Johnson, a four-year starter at Baker, will be the long-snapping coach.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie, McLouth teams prepare for regional, substate assignments
- Rank and file: Tonganoxie High wrestling takes 4th behind state powers at Baldwin
- Baldwin City resident killed, another injured in motorcycle wreck in southern Leavenworth County
- Face to Face: Grandpa's Burger Box's Kristin Conley
- Tonganoxie High golfers nab 6th place at regional event