Free produce Thursday at Good Shepherd Thrift Shop and Food Bank
Produce grown at the U.S. Penitentiary in Leavenworth will be available for free this week in Tonganoxie.
The produce, grown in a garden tended by inmates, will be available at about 2:30 p.m. Thursday at Tonganoxie United Methodist Church, 328 E. Fourth St.
The giveaway is open to anyone. The produce should include lettuce, zucchini and possibly turnips, said Jean Pearson of the Good Shepherd Thrift Shop and Food Pantry.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- Kansas Legislature mulls slashing green energy incentives
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants