Tonganoxie to play host to sub-state basketball, regional wrestling
The Tonganoxie High gymnasium will have a busy schedule at the end of the winter athletic season, as the school has been selected as a host for 2012-13 Class 4A sub-state basketball and regional wrestling tournaments.
The eight-team basketball field is comprised of Atchison, Basehor-Linwood, Bonner Springs, Bishop Ward, Piper, Sumner Academy and Perry-Lecompton. The THS boys and girls teams will both play every team except Sumner and Perry-Lecompton at least once during the regular season.
Seeding will take place on Feb. 20 and brackets will be released that afternoon. Quarterfinal games will be played Feb. 25-26 at the higher-seeded school. The semifinals will be Feb. 28 and March 1 at THS, followed by the finals on March 2.
The wrestling field includes Atchison, Baldwin, Basehor-Linwood, Bonner Springs, Carbondale-Santa Fe Trail, De Soto, Eudora, Bishop Ward, Piper, Sumner, Meriden-Jefferson West, Ottawa, Perry-Lecompton and Spring Hill. Tournament action is scheduled for Feb. 15-16.
More like this story
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Top Kansas GOP lawmakers to unveil school funding proposal
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities