Parent meeting set for Kids Wrestling Club
A parent meeting and sign-ups for the Tonganoxie Kids Wrestling Club will be at 6:30 p.m. Oct. 22 in the Tonganoxie Elementary School cafeteria.
The club is open to boys and girls ages 5-16. Practices begin Nov. 19 and will take place on Mondays and Thursdays at the high school wrestling room south of Beatty Field. The novice class — first- and second-year wrestlers — will practice from 6 to 7 p.m., while the open class — wrestlers with three or more years of experience — will practice from 7 to 8:15 p.m.
For tournaments, each participant will need wrestling shoes, head gear and a singlet. T-shirts can be tucked into athletic shorts for practices.
Cost of registration is $55 and includes a mandatory USA Wrestling card, a club T-shirt and one tournament entry. For additional information, contact Scott Underwood at 816-797-8667.
More like this story
- Avian flu case confirmed in Leavenworth County
- Abuse is main reason Kansas removes children from homes
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- Topeka councilman, wife, charged with abusing children