Saturday’s Genesis Christian Academy fall celebration moving to school because of potential weather
Genesis Christian Academy will have its annual fall celebration from 2-6 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 13, at the school, a move from the originally planned site because of potentially inclement weather.
The event originally was going to take place at the Tonganoxie Community Historic Site but it now will take place at GCA, 204 W Washington St. GCA's Denise Bixby said the forecast of rain Saturday played a part in the move.
There will be live music, face painting, a dino-dig, pie auction, bake sale, duck pong and a cake-decorating contest at the school. Races such as the classic wheelbarrow race, the three-legged race and sack race also will be featured. Hot dogs, walking tacos and cotton candy will be available for purchase. Admission is free.
More like this story
- Kansas City streetcar construction to finish this fall
- Tonganoxie City Council hears concerns about sesquicentennial road closures
- Pathways transition program opening today in former Tonganoxie police station
- Remember When: A Community Review for March 1, 2017
- Tonganoxie Mayor candidate questionnaire: Bill Peak