THS volleyball wins one, loses one at Ward triangular
On Thursday, the Tonganoxie High volleyball team made its second trip to Bishop Ward in four days for a triangular against the Cyclones and Frontier League opponent Baldwin. The Chieftains swept BWHS and fell to the Bulldogs in three sets, bringing their season record to 14-16.
Just like in Tuesday's dual action, THS found itself in a tightly-contest battle with Bishop Ward. The Chieftains needed just two sets to get the win, but were pushed to the edge in both, 25-23, 25-20. Senior Jenny Whitledge had a team-high nine kills and junior Marissa Martin led the way with seven digs.
THS then took on Baldwin in what amounted to a rubber match, as the teams split a pair of meetings earlier this season. The Chieftains won the first set, 25-23, but Baldwin won the next two to clinch the match, 27-25, 25-19. Whitledge had a double-double with 17 kills and 12 digs. Junior Caly-Ingle Maxwell added 10 kills and Martin led the team with 20 digs.
THS will be back on the road Monday when it travels to Perry-Lecompton. Action is set for 5 p.m.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High to present 'The Drowsy Chaperone' next week
- Audience wide awake for Tonganoxie High's 'Drowsy Chaperone'
- THS staging 'The Drowsy Chaperone' Thursday through Sunday
- County commissioner shuns bilingual Spanish TV reporter
- Kansas senator blocks testimony from female witnesses with ‘low-cut necklines and miniskirts’