Tonganoxie City Council to have special meeting to discuss second-class city status, executive session
The Tonganoxie City Council will have a special meeting at 6 p.m. Monday in council chambers to discuss the city's move from third-class city to second-class city.
The council also plans to meet in executive session to discuss confidential matters or trade secrets of a third party as it relates to property acquisition.
Kansas cities with a population in excess of 5,000 residents is considered a second-class city. The council will discuss what changes will need to be made now that Tonganoxie has more than 5,000 residents.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie reading specialist Janet Falk
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie High school's Mary Welsh
- Cornerstone Family Worship inviting community to celebrate opening Sunday
- Tonganoxie teams split games; MHS teams fare well at home invite; Bulldog named player of week
- Tonganoxie, McLouth teams prepare for regional, substate assignments