Candlelight vigil will honor those lost in explosion
Family members will lead a candlelight vigil remembrance for those who died Oct. 29, 2011, in the Bartlett Grain Explosion in Atchison.
The brief ceremony of remembrance will take place at 7 p.m. Sunday on Atchison’s riverfront. The event is expected to last about 30 minutes.
A Tonganoxie High School graduate, Chad Roberts, 20, was one of the Bartlett employees who was killed in the explosion. Fellow employees Ryan Federinko, 21; Curtis Field, 21; and John Burke, 24, also were killed, as were two grain inspectors, Travis Keil, 34, and Darrek Klahr, 43.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie graduate among those killed in grain elevator explosion
- Atchison explosion claims THS graduate
- Candlelight vigil held for ill Tonganoxie High School students
- Tonganoxie community holds vigil in honor of student killed in rollover accident
- Candlelight vigil tonight for Tonganoxie High student who died in Thursday crash