Whitledge named to All-Star volleyball team
Tonganoxie High senior outside hitter Jenny Whitledge will get to represent her school one more time as a high school volleyball player. Whitledge was named to the Kansas small-class team for the 2012 MO-KAN All-Star Game. Teams from Kansas and Missouri will square off in a match on Nov. 11 at Avila University in Kansas City, Mo.
Whitledge, a 2011 All-State honorable mention by the Kansas Volleyball Association, led the Chieftains with 407 kills in her final high school season. Additionally, she finished second on the team with 224 digs. She recorded 15 or more kills in nine matches and had five double-doubles this season.
THS has been a mainstay on the MO-KAN roster in recent years. Abby Eisman played on the 2009 team, Molly O’Hagan played in 2010 and Megan Hummelgaard, Brooklyn Kerbaugh and Kailan Kuzmic played in last year’s game.
More like this story
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation