TMS runners find success at Bobcat Invitational
The Tonganoxie Middle School cross country team sent 21 runners last Thursday to the Bobcat Invitational, to which Basehor-Linwood Middle School played host at Wyandotte County Park.
Participants each ran a one-mile race and medals were awarded to the top 15 finishers in each division. Eighth-graders normally run a two-mile race, but the distance was shortened due to the heat.
TMS seventh-grade medalists were Alyssa Scott (12th in girls division with a time of 7:56), Zeb Huseman (second in boys, 6:30), Chandler Hamman (fifth, 6:42) and Bowen Jones (11th, 6:57).
Eighth-grade medalist were Emily Chambers (seventh in girls, 7:27), Austin Boatwright (third in boys, 6:05) and Drew Cook (fourth, 6:14).
The meet was the first of the season for the Warriors. Their next action will be at 4 p.m. on Sept. 6 in Effingham.
More like this story
- Kansas amputee shuns self-pity, shoots for Paralympic gold
- Overland Park approves 165-mile bicycle network
- State speaker to discuss communities and better involvement tonight in Tonganoxie
- Suspect in custody after Kansas City killing spree that left five dead
- Almost a perfect 10 for Tonganoxie High track alum