Two Bulldog runners medal at Jeff West Invitational
The MHS cross country team opened its season last Thursday at the Jeff West Invitational, and a pair of runners went home with some hardware.
Savannah Noble and Logan Hoobler each earned individual medals at the meet, which took place at Shawnee North Community Center in Topeka. Noble finished 25th out of 85 girls with a time of 20:36, while Hoobler took 37th out of 123 boys with a time of 22:11. Ryan Bristol and Kevin Jardes just missed the medal cut, finishing 45th and 46th, respectively.
The Bulldog boys finished seventh in the team standings with a score of 206. The girls didn't field enough runners to record a team score.
MHS will be back in action Thursday in Effingham at the Atchison County Community High School Invitational.
More like this story
- Kansas school funding dispute heading back to high court
- Attorney compares Kansas sperm donor's plight, gay marriage
- Kansas court speeds handling of lawsuit over abortion law
- Kansas urges court to let governor, lawmakers decide funding
- Kansas proposed juvenile justice changes would incarcerate fewer youths; some counties express concern