Two Bulldog runners medal at Jeff West Invitational
The MHS cross country team opened its season last Thursday at the Jeff West Invitational, and a pair of runners went home with some hardware.
Savannah Noble and Logan Hoobler each earned individual medals at the meet, which took place at Shawnee North Community Center in Topeka. Noble finished 25th out of 85 girls with a time of 20:36, while Hoobler took 37th out of 123 boys with a time of 22:11. Ryan Bristol and Kevin Jardes just missed the medal cut, finishing 45th and 46th, respectively.
The Bulldog boys finished seventh in the team standings with a score of 206. The girls didn't field enough runners to record a team score.
MHS will be back in action Thursday in Effingham at the Atchison County Community High School Invitational.
More like this story
- Kansas school funding dispute heading back to high court
- Kansas GOP touts school funding law; districts look to cut
- Wichita says pot ordinance should be stayed till court rules
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor