Lawrence man jailed in Tonganoxie molestation case
A 24-year-old Lawrence man who allegedly molested a 13-year-old Tonganoxie girl in a Tonganoxie park is in Leavenworth County Jail.
Police arrested the man Friday at his Lawrence home on a charge of attempted aggravated incident liberties with a child younger than 14.
Tonganoxie Police Chief Jeff Brandau said the arrest capped a six-week investigation by Tonganoxie and Lawrence police.
In July, the girl told Tonganoxie police she met the man through an online social site. She also alleges that he later asked to meet her in person at a city park, Brandau said. The girl told police the man attempted to molest her at Chieftain Park in Tonganoxie.
More like this story
- Lawrence man arrested in connection with alleged indecent liberties with 13-year-old Tonganoxie girl
- Early morning chase ends with arrest
- Tonganoxie man arrested on warrant out of Wisconsin for attempted murder
- Tonganoxie police have identified suspect in Monday's chase, plan to request arrest warrant
- Eudora 13-year-old girl injured in vehicle accident