Lawrence man jailed in Tonganoxie molestation case
A 24-year-old Lawrence man who allegedly molested a 13-year-old Tonganoxie girl in a Tonganoxie park is in Leavenworth County Jail.
Police arrested the man Friday at his Lawrence home on a charge of attempted aggravated incident liberties with a child younger than 14.
Tonganoxie Police Chief Jeff Brandau said the arrest capped a six-week investigation by Tonganoxie and Lawrence police.
In July, the girl told Tonganoxie police she met the man through an online social site. She also alleges that he later asked to meet her in person at a city park, Brandau said. The girl told police the man attempted to molest her at Chieftain Park in Tonganoxie.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Kansas House panel to consider consumption tax increases
- Tonganoxie City Council candidate questionnaire: Susan Freemyer
- Kansas City Connection: The Sundry shows off its suppliers
- Kansas House panel passes bill to end business tax break