TMS football teams open season vs. Mill Creek
The Tonganoxie Middle School football teams opened their 2012 season Thursday with games against Mill Creek Middle School. The Warrior seventh-graders traveled to MCHS, which is in Lexena, while the eight-graders played host to the Mustangs.
The seventh-grade A-team dropped a 22-0 decision, while the B-team fell by a 28-0 margin. The eight-graders also lost, 32-14, but got two rushing touchdowns from Jordan Brown and a two-point conversion from Lane Hecht.
The Warriors will be back in action Tuesday when they play Monticello Trails, which is in Shawnee. The seventh-graders will play at home and the eight-graders will travel to MTMS.
More like this story
- Process continues for proposed luxury RV resort near Tonganoxie
- Tonganoxie Planning Commission approves recommendations on large projects
- Tonganoxie to have equestrian restrictions on sidewalks, trails
- Wichita says pot ordinance should be stayed till court rules
- Mayor's vote helps pass Tonganoxie charter ordinance