Bulldog volleyball goes 0-4 at Nemaha Valley
The McLouth High volleyball team nearly grabbed its first victory of the season in its final match at Saturday’s Nemaha Valley volleyball tournament, but couldn’t quite seal the deal.
The Bulldogs (0-13) came up empty in all four of their matches at the 33rd annual tournament, which was played in Seneca.
MHS opened pool play against tournament host Nemaha Valley and fell in straight sets, 25-17 and 25-15. The team suffered the same fate against Pleasant Ridge (25-23, 25-20) and Marrysville (25-10, 25-16) before taking on Horton in its final match. The Bulldogs won the first set, 25-22, but dropped the next two by identical scores of 25-20 to end the day winless.
Baileyville B&B went undefeated in pool play and defeated Rock Creek in the championship match. Nemaha Valley took down Marysville in the consolation match.
McLouth returned to the court Tuesday when it traveled to Leavenworth-Immaculata for a triangular with Kansas City Christian. The team will see its first home action Sept. 18 when it plays host to Jefferson County North and Pleasant Ridge.
More like this story
- Tidal Waves open KVL championships
- Tonganoxie High Science Olympiad team wins first regional in school history
- Chieftain runners do well at Kaw Valley League meet; THS prepares for regionals
- One giant leap for THS long jumper as senior breaks Tonganoxie school record
- Outstanding Leavenworth County 4-H member named last month