Bikers for Babies event expected to affect traffic
The annual March of Dimes Bikers for Babies group motorcycle ride is expected to affect traffic throughout the area on Sunday.
The route begins at Kansas Speedway in Kansas City, Kan., with riders headed south on Interstate 435 and then west on Kansas Highway 10. Riders will go through Eudora and then take K-237 through Oskaloosa, McLouth and Tonganoxie before returning to Kansas Speedway. Some 6,000 people are expected to participate.
During the ride, roadside message boards will alert drivers to the increased motorcycle traffic ahead, said Kimberly Qualls, a Kansas Department of Transportation spokeswoman, in a news release.
Qualls urged drivers on the route to expect delays and to drive carefully near the motorcycles.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie business makes mark on Manhattan with condos and now Bluemont Hotel
- Overland Park approves 165-mile bicycle network
- Kansas Turnpike Authority approves two-year bridge projects
- Rail-trail program in central Kansas follows long road
- Linenberger: Time is prime to strike sunflower gold in Tonganoxie area