Bulldogs, Chieftains find success at McLouth Invitational
The McLouth and Tonganoxie cross country teams were both in action last week at the McLouth Invitational.
McLouth Cold temperatures and a steady rain didn't stop local cross country runners from lacing up their shoes last Thursday, as McLouth and Tonganoxie both ran in the McLouth Invitational near Stan Braksick Sports Complex.
Christ Prep Academy won the varsity race on both the girls and boys side. The Pleasant Ridge girls and Silver Lake boys took second. No McLouth runners medaled individually, but according to coach Jamie Noll, that didn't mean the Bulldogs had a bad day at their home meet.
"It was a really competitive meet, so I was not disappointed in the results," Noll said. "I was very pleased to see all my runners run much faster times."
Savannah Noble led the girls with a time of 19:25. She was followed by Kayla Steffey (21:26), Emily Hoffhines (22:19) and Jordyn Johnston (22:53). Logan Hooblers topped the Bulldog boys with a time of 19:34. Others were Ryan Bristol (19:51), Kevin Jardes (20:40), Jason Bristol (21:59), Nic Bair (22:12), John Malone (22:39) and Jordan Butler (22:45).
Two Chieftains placed in the top 10 individually. Garrett French took ninth in the boys race with a time of 17:44 and Nicole Zerrer finished 10th in the girls race with a time of 17:29.
“It was a little slick and muddy in places, but the cool temperatures were really nice,” THS coach Phil Williams said. “The varsity boys didn’t necessarily have a good race. We have some gaps we need to close up a little bit on both ends, but the girls ran a good team race.”
McLouth will be back in action Thursday when it runs at Troy. Tonganoxie will return to the course Tuesday at its home invitational.
Girls team results
- Christ Prep, 2. Pleasant Ridge
Boys team results
- Christ Prep, 2. Silver Lake
Girls Top 10 individual results
- Kate Albrecht, SEA, 16:23; 2. Rachel Ash, KCC, 16:24; 3. Anna Wiersma, CPA, 16:40; 4. Maddy Palodichuk, CPA, 16:53; 5. Brooklyn Meinke, CPA, 16:59; 6. Rachel Hallock, PR, 17:03; 7. Haley Worthington, PR, 17:13; 8. Krista Sillers, PR, 17:14; 9. Maddie McCaffrey, SEA, 17:15; 10. Nicole Zerrer, TON, 17:29.
THS girls individual results
- Nicole Zerrer, 17:29; 2. Emily Williams, 17:37; 3. Tressa Walker, 17:45; 4. Sophia Wetta, 18:19; 5. Shelby Fatherley, 18:51; 6. Alissa Donnelly, 19:02; 7. Amanda Shepley, 19:23.
MHS girls individual results
- Savannah Noble, 19:25; 2. Kayla Steffey, 21:26; 3. Emily Hoffhines, 22:19; 4. Jordyn Johnston, 22:53.
Boys Top 10 individual results
- Tony Weber, PR, 17:11; 2. Ryan Zitton, CPA, 17:21; 3. Alex Goertz, CPA, 17:24; 4. Gabe Skoog, CPA, 17:28; 5. Sam Schmidt, CPA, 17:31.34; 6. Colin Dallimore, CPA, 17:31.35; 7. Ben Criss, CPA, 17:37; 8. Brandon McCaffrey, SEA, 17:44; 9. Garrett French, TON, 17:44.9; 10. Sam Calderwood, SL, 17:50.
THS boys individual results
- Garrett French, 17:44.9; 2. Andrew Behm, 19:06; 3. Brad Andrews, 19:17; 4. Ethan Phillips, 19:21; 5. Jeff Neal, 19:40; 6. Dylan Staatz, 20:09; 7. Brett Morey, 20:15.
MHS boys individual results
- Logan Hoobler, 19:34; 2. Ryan Bristol, 19:51; 3. Kevin Jardes, 20:40; 4. Jason Bristol, 21:59; 5. Nic Bair, 22:12; 6. John Malone, 22:39; 7. Jordan Butler, 22:45.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie Community Historical Society soup and chili feed today at Methodist church
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Patrick Budy
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Wanted: Mural ideas for Tonganoxie