Go Dog Go walk raises funds for humane society
Leavenworth County Humane Society raised more than $1,000 at Go Dog Go on Saturday morning.
Residents from all over Leavenworth County showed up to participate in the walk, as well as several contests to win prizes donated by local businesses. Contests included best canine kisser, dog and owner look-alike, best tail wagger and more.
Laura Carroll, one of the event organizers, said she was pleased with the turnout of about 45 people, especially because it was a first-time event.
Check out the online photo gallery for a glimpse at Saturday's event.
More like this story
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Woman gets 21 months in prison for hiring illegal workers