Middle school traffic safety discussed at City Council meeting
Tonganoxie USD 464 Superintendent Randy Weseman told the Tonganoxie City Council on Monday that the district has taken steps to address safety issues near the middle school, including partnering with Tonganoxie police. The changes come on the heels of two students being struck by vehicles in the past few weeks.
Weseman said Tonganoxie police have had a larger presence before and after school and crossing guards are getting to the school earlier in the morning. Staff also is reiterating to TMS students to utilize the crosswalk on Washington Street. For more from the meeting, go to tonganoxiemirror.com.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie High alumnus Zack Pistora
- Public hearing airs disagreements about Wichita State chapel
- Agencies expanding capacity for domestic violence victims
- Tonganoxie High basketball teams nab victories against Ward before falling to Piper
- Mars Inc. to expand candy-making plant in Kansas