THS volleyball falls at Holton in four sets
The Tonganoxie High volleyball team battled with one of the top Class 4A teams in the state on Thursday, but couldn't quite get the job done on the road.
The Chieftains fell at Holton in four sets, 25-dropping their season record to 9-11. They won the first set, 25-18, but the Wildcats bounced back and won the next three, 25-14, 25-8, 25-22.
Senior Madee Walker led THS with 12 kills. Fellow senior Jenny Whitledge, who had led the team in kills in every match this season, left with an ankle injury early in the third set. She finished with 10 kills.
Junior Marissa Martin had a career-high 25 digs, giving her 49 in her last two matches, and freshman Lauren Jackson added two service aces.
The Chieftains will hit the road again Monday for a non-league triangular against Washington and Sumner Academy in Kansas City, Kan.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie USD 464 candidate questionnaire: Diane Truesdell
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Tonganoxie USD 464 receives one bid for former elementary school
- Board approves sale of former Tonganoxie Elementary School
- Resident asks to consider educational opportunities for former Tonganoxie Elementary School