Chieftain soccer blanked at Mill Valley
Shawnee A one-goal game with 16 minutes left in the first half got away from the Tonganoxie girls soccer team as Mill Valley handed the Chieftains a 7-0 defeat on Monday.
Michaela Remijio put the first goal of the game into the net off the assist from Abby Sieperda to make it 1-0 with 34:34 left in the first half.
After the early goal, the Chieftains settled in and remained within a goal for the next 18 minutes of play.
But with 15:54 to go in the half the Jaguars took command of the contest.
Caroline Peters cleaned up a missed header off the crossbar to put Mill Valley up 2-0 (15:54). Just 27 seconds later, Remijio scored her second goal of the game to make it a three-goal Jaguar lead. The first-half Mill Valley scoring explosion was capped with Sieperda's second goal at the 13:44 mark which made it 4-0, a lead the Jaguars took into halftime.
In the second half, the Jaguars added three goals, two of which were scored by Kayla Hamner (25:11, 13:31), while the other goal came off the foot of Brianna Franklin (37:59) less than three minutes into the half.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High girls, boys players make all-KVL teams
- Tonganoxie High cross country boys take 2nd, girls 3rd at final Kaw Valley League meet
- Tonganoxie High has 6 all-league selections
- Tonganoxie High cross country boys nab 2nd, girls 3rd at final KVL meet
- Tonganoxie volleyball lands on all-LJW team