Historical society open house set for Sunday in Tonganoxie
The Tonganoxie Community Historic Site campus will be on display with its spring open house 1-4 p.m. Sunday at the site, 201 W. Washington.
Free refreshments will be served. Visitors can see new items in the museum and the Reno church and Honey Valley school will be open to visitors. The Tonganoxie 1938 fire engine also will be on display. Throughout the open house, the Tonganoxie Community Historical Society will play the silent film “Tracy the Outlaw” in the Fairchild Knox Barn. Jack Hoey, who was from Tonganoxie, is featured in the film.
More like this story
- Budget shortfall, World Series among Kansas' top 2015 news
- Army to resume cleanup at former Sunflower ammunition plant
- ACLU: Kansas' gay marriage laws should be stricken from book
- Tonganoxie student finds giant morel mushroom after heavy rain
- Kansas panel considers whether gays should be foster parents