Historical society open house set for Sunday in Tonganoxie
The Tonganoxie Community Historic Site campus will be on display with its spring open house 1-4 p.m. Sunday at the site, 201 W. Washington.
Free refreshments will be served. Visitors can see new items in the museum and the Reno church and Honey Valley school will be open to visitors. The Tonganoxie 1938 fire engine also will be on display. Throughout the open house, the Tonganoxie Community Historical Society will play the silent film “Tracy the Outlaw” in the Fairchild Knox Barn. Jack Hoey, who was from Tonganoxie, is featured in the film.
More like this story
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty