Historical society open house set for Sunday in Tonganoxie
The Tonganoxie Community Historic Site campus will be on display with its spring open house 1-4 p.m. Sunday at the site, 201 W. Washington.
Free refreshments will be served. Visitors can see new items in the museum and the Reno church and Honey Valley school will be open to visitors. The Tonganoxie 1938 fire engine also will be on display. Throughout the open house, the Tonganoxie Community Historical Society will play the silent film “Tracy the Outlaw” in the Fairchild Knox Barn. Jack Hoey, who was from Tonganoxie, is featured in the film.
More like this story
- ACLU: Kansas' gay marriage laws should be stricken from book
- Kansas panel considers whether gays should be foster parents
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- The Latest on Jewish shootings: Jury weighing death sentence
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups