Chieftain track competes at Ottawa
The Tonganoxie High track and field team returned to action Monday at the Ottawa Invitational. The Chieftain girls took fourth with a score of 38, while the boys finished fifth with a score of 31.5.
The girls team combined for five top-three finishes, including two event titles. Junior Haley Griffin won the high jump (5 feet, 2 inches) and sophomore Jackie Whitledge won the long jump (16-8).
The boys also had five top-three finishes, but didn't win any individual titles. Junior Ben Johnson scored in four events, including the triple jump (second, 40-10), high jump (third, 5-8), 110-meter hurdles (third, 16.03) and 300 hurdles (fourth, 44.36).
THS will return to Beatty Field to host its annual home meet at 3:30 p.m. Monday.
More like this story
- Dole Institute to exhibit Bob Dole's WWII-era letters
- Midwest economy: state of Kansas report for March
- Kansas logs first sighting of tropical piratic flycatcher
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures