THS golfers finish seventh at Lansing
Three Chieftains make varsity debuts
The Tonganoxie High golf team sent a split squad to Monday's Lansing Invitational, and the team finished seventh with a team score of 365 at Leavenworth Country Club.
Seniors Zack Tallent and Conner Kietzmann each shot 90 to lead the Chieftains. Tallent occupied the team's top varsity spot, while Kietzmann was the No. 3 golfer. Junior Austin Harris shot a 94 in the No. 2 spot.
Juniors Nathaniel Laundy and Isaac Jones and sophomore Ben Clark each made their varsity debuts. Laundy finished with a 91, Clark shot a 98 and Jones rounded out team scoring with a 114.
Reigning Class 4A state champion Piper won the tournament with a 307, finishing 10 strokes ahead of second-place finisher Topeka-Hayden.
THS will return to the course at 3 p.m. Monday at the Hayden Invitational in Topeka. The team finished sixth at last year's tournament at Cypress Ridge Golf Course.
Overall team results
- Piper, 307; 2. Hayden, 317; 3. Bonner Springs, 322; 4. Mill Valley, 326; 5. Lansing, 341; 6. De Soto, 352; 7. Tonganoxie, 365; 8. Basehor-Linwood, 371.
More like this story
- KSU researchers develop heat-tolerant wheat
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas Senate panel considering bill to ban abortion method
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck