Science Club giving away tree saplings in honor of Earth Day
The Tonganoxie High School Science Club is having a tree giveaway Monday in honor of Earth Day.
Redbud and red oak saplings will be given out from 1:30-7 p.m. at the THS Chieftain Room on the east campus. Any adult can stop by to pick up one sapling. Trees will be given one per family on a first-come, first-serve basis. If trees remain at the end of the event, they will be made available to students on Tuesday.
The giveaway is an effort to reduce the greenhouse effect. One average tree removes 25 pounds of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere each year.
More like this story
- Kansas issues $400 million in highway construction bonds
- Use of batboys and girls suspended after 9-year-old's death
- Kansas is 5th state where lottery prizes may have been fixed
- Tonganoxie football outlasts Spring Hill, 33-13, in season opener
- Army to resume cleanup at former Sunflower ammunition plant