Tornado watch, flood watch and river flood warning in effect for Leavenworth County
The National Weather Service has issued a tornado watch until 10 p.m. Wednesday for Leavenworth County.
Johnson, Leavenworth, Douglas and Wyandotte counties also are in the tornado watch.
There are also river flood warnings from Thursday morning until Friday afternoon near Easton, Leavenworth and Stranger Creek near Tonganoxie.
A flash flood also remains in effect through Thursday, which also is in effect for Jefferson and Douglas counties.
More like this story
- Kansas Department for Children and Families won’t be audited for alleged anti-gay bias
- Kansas Revenue Department still processing paper tax returns
- Kansas may face $42 million tax tab to former Pizza Hut magnate
- Kansas lawmaker calls for audit of child welfare agency
- Kansas battles pay-related turnover among prison staff