Tornado watch, flood watch and river flood warning in effect for Leavenworth County
The National Weather Service has issued a tornado watch until 10 p.m. Wednesday for Leavenworth County.
Johnson, Leavenworth, Douglas and Wyandotte counties also are in the tornado watch.
There are also river flood warnings from Thursday morning until Friday afternoon near Easton, Leavenworth and Stranger Creek near Tonganoxie.
A flash flood also remains in effect through Thursday, which also is in effect for Jefferson and Douglas counties.
More like this story
- Kansas legislators considering tax fixes to fill shortfall
- Kansas Senate to consider tax increases to close budget gap
- Kansas lawmakers having more discussions about raising taxes
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas governor talks tax policy with Missouri lawmakers